Sunday, January 11, 2015

Floor Box - Day 8-9

Day 8 (Friday, January 9) (1 hr): Dad and I lifted the floor box out of the trailer bed and laid it on 2x4s across the trailer. This is the first step to flipping it over and setting it back down in place. A car jack was a great tool for this! ...But we'll need a lot more than a jack to get it (eventually) flipped all the way over...



Day 9 (Sunday, January 11) (1 hr): After a couple days of fog and drizzle, I discovered that the paint was actually wetter now than it was on Friday. Bummer! I enlisted my parents to help me unfurl my gigantic tarp--which I got to cover the house once the walls go up and we can no longer fit it under cover in the garage--and tent it over the trailer, with a fan blowing across the painted surface and a small heater underneath. Hopefully the protection from humidity, added air circulation, and warmth will speed the paint drying/curing process. Man-handling that tarp around without tearing it was a monster. If I'd had a smaller tarp, I would have used it!

I also calculated how much the floor currently weighs (based on my internet research into common weights of building materials): about 460 lbs. This means we'll need, oh, 6 or 7 people to flip it over easily. We might be able to get by with fewer, but I'm not sure...


No comments:

Post a Comment